Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Give Me the Green Light!
For an example, let’s suppose we have a proposed agenda for an upcoming annual corporate meeting. Possible topics have been submitted from numerous sectors, and you want to use a Semaphore for an icon when make a preliminary worksheet showing a:
• Green Light for a definite inclusion in the program
• Yellow Light for a possible inclusion
• Red Light to exclude the topic from the agenda
Here is How to Accomplish This:
1. Select the range of cells in which you want a Semaphore to appear
2. Click Conditional Formatting on the Home tab, choose Icon Sets and pick the set that includes the Semaphore
3. Go back to Conditional Formatting and choose Manage Rules
4. Click Edit Rule and put a check in the Show Icon Only box and Apply
5. By default, a “1” will be a Red Light; “2” will be a Yellow Light, and “3” will be a Green Light
Your Decision Lists will instantly take on a New, Engaging Look and will be sure to garner the closer interest of any of the users. And, of course, the cool thing is that it is Easy (Isn’t anything when you know how…).