Thursday, November 14, 2013
Double-Click: The Big List
Here are 10 Amazing Ways to Use Double-Click:
1. Perfectly Adjust Column Widths – Just select Multiple Columns and Double-Click on the separators; Works for adjusting row heights too.
2. Auto-Fill a Series of Cells with Data or Formulas - Just select the formula in first cell, Double-Click in the “handle” (small Black Square in bottom-right-corner) and Presto! This works for formulas, auto-fills (of numbers, dates, etc) as long as the adjacent column has data.
3. Rename a Worksheet Tab: Double-clicking the tab allows you to immediately edit the name.
4. Insert a Split - Double-Click just above scroll-bar to include a horizontal split; Works for a vertical split too, by clicking on the little bar shape next to the right of horizontal scroll-bar.
5. Edit a Cell Formula: Double-click any cell to edit its contents in place (rather than using the formula bar.)
6. Close Excel 2007 (only) – Simply Double-Click the Office Button.
7. Collapse Ribbon to Get More Space – I like this one. Just Double-Click on ribbon Menu Names.
8. Lock Format Painter – Save a Ton of Time by Double-Clicking on the Format Painter icon, making it Reusable. (So Cool!..)
9. Jump to Last Row / Column in Table – Another old favorite: Just select a cell, and Double-Click on the cell-border in the direction you want to go. Bamm! You’re there!
10. Pivot Table Drill-Down: Double-click on any data value within a pivot table to instantly create a new worksheet which will show the Underlying Records that comprise that value.
Double-Clicking: Demonstrate your Mastery of Excel with this Important Tool!