Excel that meet your special requirements. Excel provides many familiar Built-in Lists, such as Sunday-Saturday, January- December, etc. You may find your own, user-defined lists very practical, however, as they can be used for sorting or Auto-Filling your data.
- Let's say, for instance, that you want to want to make a Special Sorting Order for the Sales Personnel in your company: Vice President of Sales, National Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Department Sales Manager, and Sales Representative.
- Perhaps you want a Custom List by region: Northeast, Central, North, South, Northwest, Southwest. It is all quite easy.
Using Excel 2007 for this Demonstration, Here is the Easiest Way to Do This:
1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, (go to File/Advanced tab in later versions ), and then click the Excel Options button
2. Click the Popular category, and then under Top options for working with Excel, click the Edit Custom Lists button
3. In the Custom Lists box, click NEW LIST, and then type the entries in the List entries slot
4. When the list is complete, click Add
5. Click OK twice
Cool Feature: The Custom List is added to your computer's registry, so it is available for use in other Excel workbooks.
Try it out! It takes only a minute or two to make your own, reusable Custom List!