Interactive (or dynamic) Chart Titles can be easily added to your charts to reflect the data being displayed. For instance, if you have created a table of data that changes in accordance with the Employee Name shown in a Drop-Down Box (which is effortlessly generated by using Validation / List), you can Link the Chart Title to reflect the name chosen in the drop-down.
Here is How You Do This:
First of all, if your chart does not have a Title, do the following:
1. Click anywhere in the chart
2. On the Design tab, click a layout that contains a title from the Chart Layouts group
Now, on to the Adding the Interactive Title:
1. Select the Chart Title
2. Go to the Formula Bar and type an Equals Sign: “ = ”
3. Then Select the Drop-Down Box Cell to which you want to link
4. Note: The final cell reference formula should look something like: “=Sheet1!$C$3”
How Cool is That! Now every time you change the Name or Value in the Drop-Down, the Chart Automatically Updates its Title!
As they used to say in the 70’s, Far Out, Man!