Thursday, June 16, 2011
Paste Special is Special!
Here are the Top 5 Ways I use Paste Special on a regular basis:
1) Paste Values: Simply copy the results of formulas, and Paste the Values in a new range of cells
2) Multiply or Divide: You can copy a value and use Paste Special to multiply or divide an entire existing range of numbers
3) Paste Validation: Easily copy a cell that has Validation applied, and paste that validation only in a new cell or range
4) Transpose: You can easily transpose a column into a row, or a row into a column
5) Paste a Link: Simply copy a cell in another worksheet, and using the Paste Link button on Paste Special, you can paste a dynamic link to a new location.
Paste Special is truly one of the indispensible tools in Excel. If you haven’t been using it, give it a try today. You will wonder how you ever lived without it!