Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Take Control with Your Ctrl Key
Some of us don’t take advantage of the humble Ctrl Key. It sits there on our keyboards in two different positions making it convenient for any of us to use it to Best Advantage.
So just what can you do with the Ctrl Key? Many Cool Things; Here a Few…
1) Speedy Navigation: When you press Ctrl and any Arrow Key (up, down, left, or right), you Jump to the last populated cell in that direction. Zip! Just like that!
2) Fill the Contents and Format: Using the topmost cell of a selected range as reference, click Ctrl+D to Fill the Selected cells below. (An easy Crowd Pleaser…).
3) Simultaneous Data Entry: When you want to put the Same Information into multiple cells, all you need to do is Copy it, Select the cells you wish to paste it into, and use Ctrl+Enter to fill them simultaneously. This really Rocks!
4) Make Noncontiguous Selections: Select any cells you want, hold down the Ctrl key while you click on a cell or drag through a range of cells. As long as you hold down the Ctrl key, you can click and select Anything You Want on the spreadsheet.
5) Print Without the Mouse: Sometimes we still need to Print a worksheet. Rather than using the mouse, another simple Crowd Pleaser is to simply press Ctrl+P. Bamm! Ready to print!
There are many other Cool Ctrl Tricks that you can use to help you Control your worksheets, but I think you will find some of these discussed to be your Favorites.