The unassuming Ctrl Key gives you a lot of, well, Control. It occupies our keyboards in both the left and right positions in the lower row, making it convenient to use whenever you need it.
So, what miracles reside in the Ctrl Key? Quite a few…
1) Speedy Navigation: When you press Ctrl and any Arrow Key (up, down, left, or right), you Jump to the last populated cell in that direction. Bamm! Just like that!
2) Fill the Contents and Format: Using the topmost cell of a selected range as reference, click Ctrl+D to Fill the Selected cells below. It’s a true Crowd Pleaser, (and I’ll bet you’ve never tried it…).
3) Hide Your Columns: Simply select the columns you wish to hide, and click Ctrl+0. This totally Rocks!
4) Make Noncontiguous Selections: Select any cells you want, hold down the Ctrl key while you click on a cell or drag through a range of cells. As long as you hold down the Ctrl key, you can click and select Anything You Want on the spreadsheet.
5) Print Without the Mouse: Sometimes we still need to Print a worksheet. Rather than using the mouse, another simple Crowd Pleaser is to simply press Ctrl+P. Bamm! Ready to print!
There are a great many useful Ctrl Tricks that you can use to help you Control your worksheets. Take a few minutes some time, and give them a try. Control is a good thing…