As I have told have told hundreds of Excel students of mine over the years, Keyboard Shortcuts can add speed, efficiency, relief from the stress of overusing the mouse. Although Carpal Tunnel syndrome is not as prevalent among Excel users as once thought, it is still a concern, especially if you are a woman (women contract the syndrome three times more often than men…).
These shortcuts are just plain Cool, and have no doubt about it, they will set you apart from Mere-Mortal Excel Users.
So, in Reverse Order, here are my Current Favorite (and highly recommended) Top Ten Excel Keyboard Shortcuts for 2015:
10. ALT+F1 - Creates an Embedded Chart of the selected data (Always a crowd pleaser!)9. CTRL+H - Find and Replace (I can’t imagine working without it!)
8. CTRL+K - Displays the Insert Hyperlink dialog box for new hyperlinks (Very useful for mimicking websites in your workbooks!)
7. Shift+F10 – Opens the right-click menu (Handy when your fingers aren’t on the mouse…)
6. CTRL+SHIFT+% - Applies the Percentage Format with no decimal places (Just how I like it!)
5. CTRL+9 - Hides the selected rows (Cleans up your worksheet, and it simply Cool!)
4. CTRL+: - Time-Stamp your worksheet (Good for time management…)
3. SHIFT+TAB - Moves to the Previous Cell (Once you get used to it, you will use it!)
2. F5 - Brings up the Go TO dialogue box (Great for navigating to a named range!)
And my Current #1 Favorite Keyboard Shortcut is (Drumroll please…):
1. CTRL+PageUp - Jumps to the previous worksheet (CTRL+PageDown jumps to the next worksheet)
Try a few a few of these shortcuts sometime, and see how they can make your Excel Life Better!