Thursday, December 8, 2011
This is one of my New Favorite Posts for this blog. If you would like to have some more Mouse Tricks Up Your Sleeve, (not that you would actually like to have mice in your clothing…), then I think you will like some or all of these. Unless noted, these Double-Click Tricks work for Excel 2007 and 2010. We will start off with an old favorite…
1. Perfectly Adjust Column Widths – Just select Multiple Columns and Double-Click on the separators; Works for adjusting row heights too.
2. Insert a Split - Double-Click just above scroll-bar to include a horizontal split; Works for a vertical split too, by clicking on the little bar shape next to the right of horizontal scroll-bar.
3. Close Excel 2007 (only) – Simply Double-Click the Office Button.
4. Collapse Ribbon to Get More Space – I like this one. Just Double-Click on ribbon Menu Names.
5. Lock Format Painter – Save a Ton of Time by Double-Clicking on the Format Painter icon, making it Reusable. (So Cool!...)
6. Jump to Last Row / Column in Table – Another old favorite: Just select a cell, and Double-Click on the cell-border in the direction you want to go. Bamm! You’re there!
Double-Click Tricks Rock! Give Them a Try!