Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Is it Time to Upgrade?

So you have Excel 2007, (it seems fewer companies and individuals are upgrading as frequently these days…), and you are wondering if it is worth it to finally get Excel 2010.

Although I have had 2010 since it came out, the need to upgrade is not, in the opinion of some, to be overwhelmingly compelling. That being said, there are some Worthy New Features. The following are those I consider to be the most significant:

Function Enhancements:
The Accuracy of a number of the financial and statistical functions have been improved

Sparkline Charts:
Nifty little tool enabling you to create Small In-Cell Charts

Slicers:
New way to Filter and Display data in Pivot Tables

Image Editing Enhancements:
Since I have an appreciation of making my graphics look good in any Microsoft product, this is one of my favorites. You have much More Control over Graphic Images, including the ability to remove the background of an image.

New Version of the Solver Add-In:
Enables solving some Complex Problems (Cool!)

There are a few others that you may find helpful, but for my book, those listed are the Most Compelling. In any regard, I think it is wise to keep in pace with current upgrades. Otherwise the day will come when you may find yourself Sadly Out-Of-Touch (Never a good thing…).

Happy Thanksgiving All! ~Bob

No comments: